Apr 30, 2012
If you missed my big announcement yesterday about how we’re moving faaaaaar away, check it out!
Here are the details straight from Lindsay at The Lean Green Bean:
- On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
- You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your pen pal!
- The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
- You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
- Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
- Foodie Penplas is open to US & Canadian residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa.
If you’re interested in participating for May, please CLICK HERE to fill out the participation form and read the terms and conditions.
You must submit your information by May 4th as pairings will be emailed on May 5th!
NOW, what did I get from my pen pal?! Well, the person I received my package from was Kim from Ontario, who blogs over at Cravings of a Lunatic. I was super stoked to receive it, and Kim didn’t let me down!
She sent it in this fun tin, with a hand-written card:
And now, for the awesome contents:
Swiss Chalet sauce and St. Hubert sauce (both nostalgic reminders of my growing up years!), a quinoa sample, liquid chicken bouillon (already been used twice!), 5 spice powder, chicken bouillon, and pink Himalayan sea salt (which I’d had my eye on recently!!).
If you’re curious what I sent to my pen pal, Destini, you can check out her blog at The Healthy Wife.