Jul 31, 2012
Another month has passed, and during the month I received yet another foodie pen pals package!!
My package came from Andrea, who lives alllllllll the way one city over. haha. It was pretty fun to be assigned to someone who lives close by! Andrea was also very creative, and when she first sent me an e-mail, she asked me these questions (I’ve included my answers as well):
1. If you were stranded on an island, which three foods would you want to have with you? If I were stranded on an island I’d want to take a sweet potato, dark chocolate with sea salt and peanut butter. I LOVE peanut butter.
2. Complete the sentence: I would love it if my foodie penpal sent me (fill in the blank) … Something sweet yet not filled with processed sugars.
3. Complete the sentence: I would be disappointed if my foodie penpal sent me (fill in the bank) … Anything coffee flavoured. Yuck!
And Andrea paid close attention! Her package was spot on:
- Sweet potato tortillas (AMAZING – so good with guacamole)
- Lindt dark chocolate with caramel and sea salt (I’m saving this for an upcoming road trip!!)
- Rice snack rolls (They are so delicious! They look unassuming, but both my husband and I love them.)
- Cocoa snaps (They’re a perfect little treat!)
- White Chocolate Wonderful Peanut Butter (Umm…AMAZING!)
- Dark chocolate peanut butter cups (Very tasty – I enjoyed them while watching a documentary – I’m that cool.)
- Sesame and date syrup bar (I haven’t tried it yet, but I absolutely love dates, so I’m stoked to try this.)
- A chocomax brownie bar and a chocomax caramel and peanut bar (Both sound yummy, and I look forward to trying them soon!)
- A KIND Bar (I saw these in Starbuck’s recently and was curious! So excited to try it! It’s in my purse for a time when I need a little something on-the-go.)
- Andrea was also very thoughtful and included two moose pencils and some stickers for us to take with us to Kuwait for when we’ll be teachers. Very sweet!!
I sent my package to Madeleine over at Teenie Baker! Go on over and give her some blog love. :)
If you’re interested in the details of this program or how you can join, you can check out all the info at Lindsay’s Blog: The Lean Green Bean.
Past Foodie Pen Pals Posts: