Nov 23, 2010
When preparing a holiday meal like Thanksgiving or Christmas, it’s nice to have some seasonal vegetables. Often it can get boring and they’re done the same old way – steamed, boiled, etc. We like to do roasted veggies around here, and it’s a recipe that I use at least once a week (often more!). You can use whatever you have on hand – the more colour, the better! Use your imagination! I’ve used sweet potatoes, onions, garlic, tomatoes, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, potatoes, green beans, asparagus…
- Assorted veggies, sliced or cut into manageable portions (enough for your baking tray to hold in a single layer or so)
- Lay out on a cookie sheet (I use a baking stone)
- Shake sea salt, ground pepper, and any other spices you’d like over top.
- Drizzle lightly with olive oil so that each piece has a bit on it.
- Bake at 425F for 25 mins. You can cover it with tinfoil if you’re afraid of splattering, but I don’t.
*If you’re cooking Brussels sprouts this way, cut them in half and place the flat side down.
For more delicious side dishes, click here.