Dec 7, 2010
This dip was a HIT! A serious hit. People LOVED it. I mean, how can you go wrong with a hot cheesy dip?? You can’t. I’ve made it for two separate parties now, and both times it was a huge success.
If you’re supposed to bring something to a party coming up, try out this hot artichoke and spinach dip or one of the other holiday appetizer ideas I have!
Hot Artichoke & Spinach Dip:
- 1 8 oz. package of cream cheese
- 1/4 mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can (14 oz.) of artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup spinach (fresh or frozen), chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (for sprinkling on top)
Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease a small baking dish with butter. In a medium bowl mix together everything up to and including the salt and pepper. Gently stir in the artichoke hearts and spinach. Transfer the mixture into your baking dish and spread evenly. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of shredded cheese on top. Bake in preheated oven for 25 mins. or until bubbly and lightly browned.